Re: [Tails-dev] Electron Cash in Tails

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Electron Cash in Tails
Fidel Ramos:
> Hello everyone. This is my first message to this mailing list. I'm a Tails user, but I haven't contributed code before, just donations.

Welcome, Fidel! I hope you won't be dissuaded by my negative answer...

> As you may know Bitcoin Cash is a fork of Bitcoin that has been
> growing a lot, especially in the past few days. People (including me)
> have shown interest in having a Bitcoin Cash wallet in Tails, as it's
> a very secure solution.

Adding a feature to Tails has a very real, non-zero cost which poses the question: is it worth spending time that we otherwise would use to improve Tails in concrete ways? For a BTC fork that has been showing promise "in the past few days" it's simply way too premature.

> What are the steps to be followed to get a change like this
> implemented in Tails?

To truly get this done, make a push for a wallet software that supports *multiple* cryptocurrencies (and ideally not only BTC forks, but also fundamentally different designs like Monero, Zerocoin/Zcash/Zerocash/Zzzz-whatever etc). This should not only help Tails, but improve this landscape for all cryptocurrency users.

Cheers!