Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype …

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Uzair Farooq, Muhammad Usman Subhani
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype for new download page]
sajolida:
> Uzair Farooq:
>>> When the extension gets installed, the page is not updated to show "Verify download...". See this screencast:
>>>
>>>  https://dl.poivron.org/maad2a3jiuqdu3k3wjbf-dirqyvooctlkem57
>>> <https://dl.poivron.org/maad2a3jiuqdu3k3wjbf-dirqyvooctlkem57>
>>>
>>> Uzair: Could you help me fix that? Is it something that should be fixed
>> in the extension or on the page?
>>
>> Fixed, extension will change the view to "Verify download..."
>
> I tried to test this change but now your branch conflicts when I try to
> merge it in mine. It seems like you didn't merge the work I did on
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/verification-extension as I instructed in
> https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2017-November/011853.html.
>
> Can you do that and ask for guidance if needed?

I wanted to publish a new version of AMO so I did that merge and
published 0.92:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tails-verification/

While doing this I came to wonder whether the version check was not
broken again: the page asks for 1.0 minimum while it's 0.92 that is on
AMO and the extension set 'data-extension="up-to-date"' on the page.

Can you double-check what's going on?

Also, probably since 80773cb, my console complains about

"SyntaxError: redeclaration of let VerifyDownload"

But I'm not sure that's important...