Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype …

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Uzair Farooq, Muhammad Usman Subhani
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype for new download page]
Uzair Farooq:
>> When the extension gets installed, the page is not updated to show "Verify download...". See this screencast:
>>
>> https://dl.poivron.org/maad2a3jiuqdu3k3wjbf-dirqyvooctlkem57
>> <https://dl.poivron.org/maad2a3jiuqdu3k3wjbf-dirqyvooctlkem57>
>>
>> Uzair: Could you help me fix that? Is it something that should be fixed
> in the extension or on the page?
>
> Fixed, extension will change the view to "Verify download..."

I tried to test this change but now your branch conflicts when I try to
merge it in mine. It seems like you didn't merge the work I did on
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/verification-extension as I instructed in
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2017-November/011853.html.

Can you do that and ask for guidance if needed?

On top of this, I'm worried to see that you copied some of the code and
display logic that we have on the page into the extension (80773cb).
Until now, this was quite decoupled and the display logic was happening
only on the page (in dave_2.js).

I also see that you initially tried to implement this with a message in
412cb50 and I would much prefer this approach. What made you change your
mind between 412cb50 and 80773cb?