Re: [Tails-testers] Missing bluetooth

Autore: intrigeri
To: Ralf Orlowski
CC: Tails list for early testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Missing bluetooth
Hi Ralf, and sorry for the delay!

Ralf Orlowski:
> Am 01.10.2017 um 10:24 schrieb intrigeri:
>> I'd like to start with evaluating how dire the regression is.
>>
>> How exactly did you make that Bluetooth mouse work in previous
>> versions of Tails?

> Well I just unblocked the bluetooth via rfkill and did a:
> apt install gnome-bluetooth

> After that bluetooth was available within the system configuration and I
> could connect to my bluetooth mouse.

Thanks. So my initial assessment is that:

- We're talking about users who are at ease with typing commands in
a Terminal.
- The previous 2 commands were quite easy for such people to remember
and type by hand.
- When a new set of commands to re-enable Bluetooth is documented,
if they're substantially harder to remember and type by hand,
IMO we should provide a wrapper script.

I've taken notes about it on a new, dedicated tracking ticket:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/14957

>> Meanwhile, you can re-enable Bluetooth:
>>
>> sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/no-bluetooth.conf && \
>> sudo systemctl restart systemd-udev-trigger.service
>>
>> … then follow whatever other manual steps you used to go through
>> before Tails 3.2.
> Well, this solution is not really working or better to say it enables
> bluetooth but has a really nasty side-effect.

> If I do this two steps after the systemctl command tails tells me, that
> my network card is disable as mac-spoofing did not work on the card.
> So with these two commands I get bluetooth working again on the system
> but instead the system uses all network connections which makes it not
> really usable any more.
> So it is not really a solution.

Ouch, sorry: I expected something like that, but I first wanted to see
what happened with the simplest possible command.

> Is there a way to enable bluetooth without destroying the network
> connection?

How about this:

   sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/no-bluetooth.conf && \
   sudo udevadm trigger --type=devices \
         --subsystem-match=bluetooth --action=add && \
   sudo rfkill unblock bluetooth && \
   sudo apt install gnome-bluetooth

?

If that's not enough, try inserting:

sudo udevadm trigger --type=subsystems --subsystem-match=bluetooth --action=add

… before the other udevadm command.