Re: [Tails-testers] Missing bluetooth

Autore: Ralf Orlowski
To: tails-testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Missing bluetooth
Hello,

thank you very much for your help.

Am 01.10.2017 um 10:24 schrieb intrigeri:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> Ralf Orlowski:
>> I really miss bluetooth on tails 3.2 now. I normally use a bluetooth
>> mouse on my computer as it is not very comfortable to just use the touchpad.
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> I'd like to start with evaluating how dire the regression is.
>
> How exactly did you make that Bluetooth mouse work in previous
> versions of Tails?

Well I just unblocked the bluetooth via rfkill and did a:
apt install gnome-bluetooth

After that bluetooth was available within the system configuration and I
could connect to my bluetooth mouse.

>> Therefore I would really like, if there will be another way to protect
>> againt the blueborne attack than to totally disable bluetooth.
> Sure, fixes for that specific attack were implemented (in the Linux
> kernel and in the BlueZ SDP server). But with Bluetooth enabled, the
> attack surface is still the same, and I bet there will be other
> similar issues discovered in the future now that people started
> looking at the Bluetooth stack.
>
> For the record the discussion about this change happened there:
> https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2017-September/003454.html
> … where a longer-term plan is outlined.
>
> Meanwhile, you can re-enable Bluetooth:
>
> sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/no-bluetooth.conf && \
> sudo systemctl restart systemd-udev-trigger.service
>
> … then follow whatever other manual steps you used to go through
> before Tails 3.2.

Well, this solution is not really working or better to say it enables
bluetooth but has a really nasty side-effect.

If I do this two steps after the systemctl command tails tells me, that
my network card is disable as mac-spoofing did not work on the card.
So with these two commands I get bluetooth working again on the system
but instead the system uses all network connections which makes it not
really usable any more.
So it is not really a solution.

Is there a way to enable bluetooth without destroying the network
connection?
> Cheers,

Bye

Ralf