Re: [Tails-testers] 3.2rc Tails Installer willing to repeate…

Autore: intrigeri
To: Rick
CC: tails-testers
Vecchi argomenti: [Tails-testers] 3.2rc Tails Installer willing to repeatedly "update" 3.2 USB drive
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] 3.2rc Tails Installer willing to repeatedly "update" 3.2 USB drive
Hi Rick,

Rick:
> I've just discovered that 3.2's "new" Tails Installer does not detect that an
> inserted USB drive is already current, for example that 3.2 was just installed on it,
> and offers to "upgrade" the device. If selected the upgrade is successful, but can
> immediately be repeated by removing and reinserting the USB drive and running the
> Installer again. Ad infinitum.

I fully agree, this is not ideal. Thanks for reporting it!

I've filed https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/14958 about this problem.
I expect the team that has worked on the new Installer UI to look into it.

> This is certainly no show stopper, but I would perfer the Installer
> detect that the drive is current, announce the fact, and offer to
> "overwrite" or "refresh" it.

Yep. Sadly it's not very easy to do, at least in some corner cases
(nightly build ISO installed on the destination device).