Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype …

Author: Uzair Farooq
To: sajolida
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype for new download page]
Hey.

1. We are now logging percentage to console, you can replace it with a
progress bar. Please have a look at the commit: https://github.com/
usman-subhani/Tails-repos/commit/bfb204b3c006189094c23626acab0db1daf99109.
The console.log(percentage) line is executed whenever there's a change in
percentage.

2. We now update the $FILENAME with actual filename.

3. We have ported the version update logic from original extension i.e. it
will find element with id '#extension-version' on page and will compare its
text with installed version of extension and will set `document.
documentElement.dataset.extension` accordingly (either 'ok' or 'old').

4. We have removed the icon. Note that Chrome still shows a greyed out icon
by default and user can hide the icon themselves if they want but extension
cannot hide it.

5. Yeah, the extension is ready for chrome too. To install, follow the
procedure here https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/getstarted#unpacked

6. We have changed the logic to run the extension on all web pages of
tails.boum.org which have an element with id 'download-and-verify' present
in DOM

Let me know if I've missed something.

Cheers!