Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: anonym
À: Uzair Farooq, The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page
Uzair Farooq:
> Hey, we checked the forge library (the one they listed as the fastest in
> their benchmark). To my surprise it improved the time darastically. It took
> a little more than 1 minute on a core i3 machine with 4GB RAM. We have
> pushed latest changes to the repo
> https://github.com/usman-subhani/verification-extension

Hey, that sounds brilliant!

FWIW, while I was researching possible solutions I stumbled upon:

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18338890/are-there-any-sha-256-javascript-implementations-that-are-generally-considered-t

which lead me to this 4.5 KB extract of only the parts of forge needed for the SHA256 computation:

    https://github.com/brillout/forge-sha256

which seems like a worthwhile bloat reduction.

Cheers!