Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull) New repository

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull) New repository
Hi,

mampa@???:
> Thanks for the comment. I actually noticed that the link to xin's
> repository was also broken. So I propose this:

> Repo: https://git-tails.immerda.ch/mampa/tails/
> Branch: New_contributor_repository
> Last Commit: be87745e178a730d65e7422c1ab88e034de4382d

I find it confusing that the only differentiating factor between the
Git remote URLs and the Git web pages (that are *not* usable as Git
remotes) URLs is whether they are formatted as links or not.
And unsurprisingly, you got confused yourself: the `git remote add'
example you give doesn't work a it uses the latter (Git web page,
known broken by the way) instead of the latter.

How about we format them this way instead:

* AtomiKe: [[https://gitlab.com/AtomiKe/tails.git]]
* Chre: [[https://git-tails.immerda.ch/chre/tails/]]
* xin: `git remote add -f xin https://git-tails.immerda.ch/xin/tails.git`
* mampa: `git remote add -f https://git-tails.immerda.ch/mampa/tails/`

?

… so that it's more obvious which links can be clicked, and which
can't and should instead ready be used on the `git remote add'
command line?

> Is there a way to build only one page of the tails website? I already
> restricted the build to English and French, but it still takes quite
> some time...

Assuming you're not going back'n'forth, in a single working copy,
between branches based on vastly different branches (e.g. master and
testing), then ./build-website will refresh only what's needed.
One commonly used local hackish optimization is to have several
working copies, e.g. I have one for branches based on master
(website, doc, translation) and another one for development and other
kind of work based on testing/devel. Sorry, that's the best I have in
store :)