Re: [Tails-ux] Wireframes for DAVE 2

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design, Uzair Farooq, anonym
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Wireframes for DAVE 2
Now putting anonym and Uzair in copy since they are not subscribed to
this list.

anonym, Uzair: I just sent some wireframe for the now download page.
Feel free to have a look:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2017-September/003450.html

But I have some more technical questions:

- I want to change some content on the page after the download has
started but before the verification is done. See "Skip verification"
in moving_parts_1.pdf.

At this point the user might not have the add-on installed so that
requires some additional JavaScript on the page (we can add it to
/install/inc/js/dave.js).

My question is what kind of trigger we can use to change this
content: is there a way from inside the page to know when the
download of the ISO image started or when it has finished?

Otherwise do you think that piggybacking on detecting a click on the
download button is the best we can do?

- Until now the name of the add-on and its description was "Tails
Download and Verify" but now the extension won't do the download
anymore. So I should at least propose some rewording to improve that.
But I wanted to ask you how hard it would be to change:

  - The display name of the add-on, maybe from
    "Tails Download and Verify" to "Verify Tails Download" or something
    like that.

  - The URL in AMO, currently
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tails-download-and-verify/.
    But if that's not trivial we shouldn't bother :)

- For people without JavaScript I wanted you to confirm that even with
Web Extension and in Chrome they would still be able to use the
add-on. To keep the same mechanism that we're using now: if there is
no JS, then we show people a button to directly download the XPI and
they can still use it.

And now in terms of process:

- I created Redmine tickets for the big steps of the migration.

See the subtasks on https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12328.

Uzair: It would be super helpful if you could create yourself an
account on Redmine so we can assign some tickets to you.

We have some doc about how we use Redmine on our website but ask me
if in doubt:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/Redmine/

- In terms of budget, adding little bits of work here and there, we
might ask Uzair to do more work than planned initially so I just
wanted to make it clear that we're open to extending the budget that
you gave us to cover more work as we go asking for more. We'd rather
pay a bit more and get more work done than stick with what we agreed
upon and feel limited.