Re: [Tails-ux] Intercept interviews from Brazil

Author: Bernard Tyers
To: intrigeri
CC: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Intercept interviews from Brazil
Hi there,

(First time poster, I've been lurking for a while)

These interviews are interesting to read. I've read the previous ones also.

I've noticed in the "intercept interview" definition there isn't a mention of getting participant consent. Is it mentioned somewhere else?

It's important to get consent from participant when giving specific information about them.

This is invisible and often overlooked but it is very valuable in building empathy with the interview participant.

It is the interviewer saying "you, the participant, are in control".

About specifying detail, when I interview people, unless the detail is important I "fuzz" this kind of detail.

E.g. instead of saying "Bernard is 28 years old and lives in Brazil" I transcribe "Participant 8 is male, aged 25-30 and lives in a South American country."

Also, just curious, what questions did you want to answer with this interview?

Thanks!
Bernard