Re: [Tails-ux] Intercept interviews from Brazil

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Intercept interviews from Brazil
Hi,

sajolida:
> * You put "Brazil" and what look like precise age of participants. Until
> now I was only putting continents and not putting ages. I think it was a
> mistake for me not to put ages so I'll try to remember that in the
> future. About the country vs continent, do you think I was being overly
> careful?

IMO anything the interviewed people are comfortable with is OK.

> * Out of curiosity: which process did you use to get people's consent on
> publishing your notes? Did you ask them to review them on the spot, over
> email, not at all. Was it a concern for them?

I sent them the draft over email, as documented on the blueprint.
Two of them asked me to do minor changes, which I did.

> * I couldn't find the email of these people in the internal Git repo.

I added them on May 8 (6dfdc8f) so perhaps your working copy is outdated.

> * How did you feel about these interviews: did you enjoy them? did you
> learn things? are you excited about doing this again?

Yes * 3!

> Some comments on specific people:

> * Miguel, "the website translation workflow is hard": so he is a Tails
> translator as well? Or tried to be one and failed? That's not in his
> intro but seems important to mention.

I don't remember, sorry.

> * Sophia, "security slider set to High, JavaScript disabled by default":
> do you think these are sound requirements for her or exaggerated?

She's well aware of the trade-offs involved by disabling JS and
I trust she's able to make sensible security decisions according to
her needs. Hence the request for "a persistent setting for these
settings".

> * Sophia, "LibreOffice Impress templates/themes": would additional
> software solve this?

I have no idea where the missing templates/themes are available, sorry.