Re: [Tails-ux] Input needed: Tails Greeter: initial keyboard…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-ux] Input needed: Tails Greeter: initial keyboard focus (#12509)
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Input needed: Tails Greeter: initial keyboard focus (#12509)
Thomas:
> I realize that my reasons here in previous e-mail (below) are less solid
> than my original impression.

Hi Thomas,

It's your first post on the list, right?

Welcome!

Feel free to introduce yourself, why you are here, what's your
background, skills, and interest in UX.

> It could be set up so that if you had a language selected in
> persistence, that would disable the language set-up at-start-up.

First, note that it's not possible to configure a language in
persistence yet. But once we get there, I would avoid having a different
focus depending on that because then it would become inconsistent.

> My feelings about this aspect of how start-up is set up are not strong...
>
> However, I still think it is good to assume NO knowledge of
> keybinding.    GUI rules in many people.

Definitely agreed.

>     thanks for all that you do!!

:)