[Tails-testers] tails 3.0~beta3 nightly from 4/4 report

Author: David Thomas
To: tails-testers
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-testers] tails 3.0~beta3 nightly from 4/4 report
Subject: [Tails-testers] tails 3.0~beta3 nightly from 4/4 report

I'm trying to run tails on the tiny "Nuvision Duo 10" netbook/tablet.
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/nuvision-10-1-win10-tab/prod20414254.ip

I reported problems with beta3 and was referred to the nightly build.
As of last night, I can get the nightly build to boot, but only if I use
the normal boot settings with "quiet" removed and "nomodeset" added.
(intrigeri also suggested adding xorg-driver=intel but that made things
worse.)

Once it's booted, I have two problems. One, reported separately to
intrigeri, is that I can find no way to correct the display being
rotated 90 degrees, either on the display settings or using xrandr from
the command line. The other, reported only here, is that no network
adapter is detected.

I should add that I've used other versions of tails on this netbook and
while one version (2.5 I think) was able to rotate the screen
successfully, none have ever detected this netbook's built-in network
adapter. intrigeri asked to be copied on this message and suggested
that I report it so that, at the very least, it can be added to the list
of known issues.

Many thanks...
David