Re: [Tails-testers] tails 3.0~beta3 report

Author: David Thomas
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] tails 3.0~beta3 report

I downloaded the experimental ISO last night from the link you
supplied. Here are some results.

UNSUCCESSFUL CASES

Normal Boot: as with beta3, begins to boot, enters a blank screen,
stays there.

Normal Boot with xorg-driver=intel added: no change.

Normal Boot with quiet taken away and xorg-driver=intel added: two
failure modes...
    1. as above, but just before entering the blank screen, the last
briefly visible line of text is seen to contain the word "switching".
    2. stops just after logging "input: Lid switch as
/dev/LMXSYSTM:00/LMXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D/input/input1"

Normal Boot with quiet taken away and xorg-driver=intel and nomodeset
added: all text suddenly becomes visibly thinner during init-premount
script, stops booting at "stopping user manager for uid 114...".

Troubleshooting mode: enters a blank screen, stays there

Troubleshooting mode with xorg-driver=intel added: stops immediately
after displaying "booting a command list"

SUCCESSFUL CASE

Normal Boot with quiet taken away and nomodeset added: boots all the
way up, as with beta3, but can't use display setting or xrandr command
to fix the 90 degree screen rotation, and (as I plan to report
separately) no network card detection.

I'm happy to try anything else you might suggest.

Yours...
David