Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 Beta 3 Issues

Author: intrigeri
To: lausts
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 Beta 3 Issues
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Laus:
> I have been having computer shutdown issues with all 3 of the Tails 3.0
> Beta releases.

Thanks for reporting!

> My laptop is a Compaq Presrio F500 with a 64 bit AMD
> Turion dual core processor. The shutdown sequence locks up the PC
> completely near the end turns on the keyboard capslock LED and makes it
> blink. This requires pulling the power cord and removing the battery to
> turn off the laptop. An alternative is to hold down the power button
> for 30 seconds. None of the 32 bit Tails programs had this problem.
> All of them would shutdown cleanly.

OK. This is a known issue and we have plans to fix it before Tails
3.0 final is released: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12354

> Beta 3 Issue #2:

> My screen during the last phases of the boot process breaks out in a
> blue and white striped display. My display goes back to normal when the
> language and keyboard chooser pick list is displayed.

Wow, never seen that. It would be interesting to see if this affects
Debian Stretch (currently called "Debian testing") outside of Tails.
Now, to be honest: this seems cosmetic only to me, so I think we'll
prioritize our limited resources on other issues.

> Tails is also the only OS that talks to my builtin Broadcom wireless
> card. All of the other OS can't find the card and I need to use a USB
> dongle for wireless operation.

(Off-topic: installing the firmware-brcm80211 package should solve
this problem, at least on recent Ubuntu and Debian.)