[Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 Beta 3 Issues

Author: Thomas Laus
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 Beta 3 Issues
I have been having computer shutdown issues with all 3 of the Tails 3.0
Beta releases. My laptop is a Compaq Presrio F500 with a 64 bit AMD
Turion dual core processor. The shutdown sequence locks up the PC
completely near the end turns on the keyboard capslock LED and makes it
blink. This requires pulling the power cord and removing the battery to
turn off the laptop. An alternative is to hold down the power button
for 30 seconds. None of the 32 bit Tails programs had this problem.
All of them would shutdown cleanly. It looks to me that the shutdown
utility in the Tails 3.0 Beta releases are writing to this LED when they
did not with any of the 32 bit releases.

Beta 3 Issue #2:

My screen during the last phases of the boot process breaks out in a
blue and white striped display. My display goes back to normal when the
language and keyboard chooser pick list is displayed.

I have used both Debian 8.7.1 and Ubuntu 16.10 64 bit evaluation disks
on this laptop without any problems. I run FreeBSD 12.0 Current on the
hard drive and only use Tails when my internet privacy is a concern.
Tails is also the only OS that talks to my builtin Broadcom wireless
card. All of the other OS can't find the card and I need to use a USB
dongle for wireless operation.

Tom

--
Public Keys: