Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~beta

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~beta
Hi,

Bernhard Eisele:
> bei dieser Beta-Version werden die Netzwerkeinstellungen nicht im
> persistenten Bereich dauerhaft gespeichert (bisher war dies der
> Fall).

Thanks!

Google Translate says this means "In this beta version, the network
settings are not permanently stored in the persistent area (so far
this has been the case)", so I'll answer this.

Our automated tests
(https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/features/persistence.feature?h=feature/stretch#n33)
about this feature pretend that it does work, so I wonder what's
going on.

Did you enable "Configuration of network devices and connections" in
the persistence configuration assistant? If you did, then please
retry, unlock your persistent volume in Tails Greeter, and send a bug
report with WhisperBack so we can try to understand what's going on.