Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 Beta 1 testing

Author: jfsroy
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 Beta 1 testing
Hello Tails, intrigeri

Tails 3.0 Beta 2 — USB
Could you provide the detailed steps to help me do this. I am not very familiar with macOS environment and I am not a programmer. Maybe there is a link to do this online?

Tails 2.11 — USB
Additionally, I also tested booting up from the new Tails 2.11 from a USB on the same MacBook Pro which boots perfectly fine and also passes the Tails login screen. However, the problem with the latest version of Tails 2.11 is that it does not even provide me with the menu to select a WiFi to connect to my home network which means I cannot connect to the internet because this version of my MacBook Pro does not have an RJ45 ethernet port. It only connects to the internet via Wifi. Actually the strange thing is, Tails returns a message looking for an Ethernet port to connect to which doesn't exist on this newer MacBook Pro laptop.

Note: again, I logged on and connected to the internet just fine with the same Tails 2.11 USB key on my older Dell laptop to verify that my version of Tails 2.11 on the USB works.

I hope this helps. Thank you

Warm regards
JF

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.