Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 (and Tails 2.7) hangs during b…

Author: u
To: tails-testers, BM-2cTrmSzGM6AFHisHHPJLfocD13oCdwiWyj
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0 (and Tails 2.7) hangs during boot-up in Oracle VM VirtualBox (version 5.1.8, Linux 32-bit, 1536mb RAM)
Hi!

greg gfclyde@???:

> But now, Tails 3.0 (and Tails 2.7) hangs during boot-up in Oracle VM
> VirtualBox (version 5.1.8, Linux 32-bit, 1536mb RAM). I do not get
> the 3 little white boxes display at boot time, and no login display.
> After one hour, still black display, the host task-manager shows VM
> still using cpu time. I re-downloaded Tails, same bug. I change to
> Linux 64-bit, same bug. Help?

That Tails >= 2.7 does not boot is expected and due to the Linux 4.7
upgrade. However it should boot in a 64bit VM.

According to our requirements, Tails needs at least 2 GB of RAM.

> Luckly, I kept Tails 2.6, and it still runs on VM. Are you still
> supporting new Tails on VM?

We do. I run Tails 2.7 and 3.0 successfully using virt-manager instead
of Virtualbox. Could you give it a try this way?

Also, if you want to retry on Virtualbox, can you make sure you are
using a 64-bit VM?

Cheers!
u.