[Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~alpha1 - Startup of elevated Nauti…

Author: J Douglas Heath
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~alpha1 - Startup of elevated Nautilus from root terminal (per "Copy Persistent Data" instructions) fails.
Per instructions for copying Private Persistent Data to a newly created Tails volume (https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/copy/) I attempted such a copy as I have done before:

Copy your old files to the new persistent volume

1.       Choose Applications ▸ System Tools ▸ Root Terminal to open a terminal with administration rights.

2.       Execute the nautilus command to open the file browser with administration rights…

However, on Tails 3.0~alpha1 this results in an error, and Nautilus fails to start:

Executing the same steps on Tails 2.7 results in a Warning and Errors, but it does open the Nautilus UI with administrative credentials:

The Environment for this is VirtualBox 5.1.8 r111374 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393.rs1_release as a host.

The Guest environment is:

Note, the instructions (“If you find anything that is not working as it should, please report to us tails-testers@??? <mailto:tails-testers@boum.org> .”) (https://tails.boum.org/news/test_3.0-alpha1/index.en.html) seem to imply that you want these reports by e-mail, so that’s what I’ve done. If I should have filled out a ticket somewhere, just let me know, and I’ll do it right next time. I’ve been around Tails for quite a while now, just thought I’d start trying to pay back a little.

Great job, guys (and ladies!).

Regards,

Doug Heath

jdheath@???