[Tails-project] Working on Persistence Seed PRNG

Author: drwhax
To: The Tails public development discussion list, tails-project
Subject: [Tails-project] Working on Persistence Seed PRNG
Hi,

We had a very efficient meeting in September with 5 people discussing some of the
proposed solutions listed on the blueprint. We divided tasks and plan to
discuss them in a next meeting.

This is to announce a new meeting for those interested. We'll be working
on: "Investigate whether we should resume shipping a random seed"[1].

Time and place is:

October 7th 2016, 12:00 - 14:00 (Paris/Amsterdam/Berlin time)
This meeting is open to everyone and is being held at: tails-dev@??? (XMPP)

The goal of this meeting is to discuss work that has been done by volunteers, update the blueprint with our findings based on the work and announce a new meeting date.

Report back from:

- Use the Tails installer to ship a seed to users #7675
- Analyze early boot entropy gathering #11758

Please make sure that the blueprint/tickets are updated before the meeting.

Best,

Jurre

[1] https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7642

[2] https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/randomness_seeding/