[Tails-ux] clarification ~ P.S. Re: Improve Tails Installe…

Author: Thomas
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: [Tails-ux] clarification ~ P.S. Re: Improve Tails Installer UX
Oh, I missed... clarification: I had never used the upgrade from
ISO option on the TAILS installer!  (I used upgrade by cloning, what is
the practical/functional difference, anyway?)     I just went to check
just now if I had spoken ignorantly in my last e-mail    =)
    I would love to use the TAILS installer to install a downloaded ISO
without it assuming I mean the TAILS ISO...   to give me an option of
using a different ISO (that I might even have on the TAILS desktop, just
downloaded onto the system running at the moment!)
AND, to instal onto a disk that does not already have TAILS on it...
     When I just now attempted to use TAILS installer, I noticed the
options that I could /upgrade/ (not instal) from ISO, or instal by cloning.
Upgrade did allow me to choose a mint ISO, but told me "I might have
better luck if" I put my ISO at root instead of on the desktop   uh..
(AND, of course, that it could not work unless on an existing TAILS)
           Thanks again, and I'm trying to remember to gather all the
info. before I post...
~ T