Re: [Tails-ux] Improve Tails Installer UX

Author: Thomas
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
New-Topics: [Tails-ux] clarification ~ P.S. Re: Improve Tails Installer UX
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Improve Tails Installer UX
I would love to be able to use TAILS installer with a downloaded ISO
image    =)
     Then I could also use TAILS installer to install other versions of
linux, like trisquel...    the pre-downloaded ISO could be on a
different usb stick that is concurrently connected.
{Wait, I've never tried to do so with an image that is downloaded while
mid-install..   is that even possible?   I think not or I would have
possibly noticed the option...   I think it is not a good idea (in most
(all?) cases) as this precludes verification of downloaded ISO...
anyway, here is more on why I would love this function!!}

I find that the TAILS usb stick creator makes live sticks I can run on
both mac and most other machines, whereas many other installers seem to
not do so (tho sometimes do so if I force underlying partition/format)

I would also love to have the capacity to have a usb stick that has
multiple OS partitions...   especially, a TAILS, a Trisquel, and
possibly a mint, each with their own smallish persistence, and a 7th
partition being basic storage accessible by any of the OSs (or even by
plugging it in to a functioning box...
     Why?    Well, I could then pare down to only 2 sticks, and I would
like that!!
I like TAILS, but do not use it for everything...    I like open source
Trisquel, but it will not connect with internet on some hardware, and I
have a very large usb stick that could consolidate almost everything
...    the second stick would be an emergency "fix-it" stick, emergency
vital-stuff-backup, and a second copy of TAILS (that seems so necessary
for upgrade of TAILS)..   oh, ya, the upgrade process would have to
limit it's actions when upgrading a multi-OS stick...
       THANKS for all that you people do !!!    =)
Thomas