Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design

Author: Spencer
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design
Hi,

Following from a distance (:

> segfault:
> I suggest using an edit button next to the label,
> which turns the label into a text entry when clicked,
> which behaves just like in the other GNOME applications
> (it applies the change and turns into a label again
> on focus out or return press).

Visuals (pencil sketches or screenshots) help to clarify the context.

> What do you think?

If I understand the context correctly:

If there is an 'Edit' button, people will click on the button.

If there is no 'Edit' button, people will click on the string.

I see little value in having the form fields transform into buttons or
plain ol' strings; might they remain form fields and inherently suggest
the only action is to edit them?

Wordlife,
Spencer