[Tails-ux] User Profiles

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] User Profiles
Hi,

> sajolida:
> be careful when publishing private conversations
> But this time I think it won't be problematic.

Ofc. I was conflicted with how to proceed here, since this message was
ignored multiple times and was over three months old.

I hope there are no reservations with moving this forward.

> they were not nice enough, mostly in French,

If it is in French, then it is enough (:

> endless discussions

This is a common perception that persists. Half the work is thinking,
all of it needs communicated, and there are no solutions, only
re-solutions, as change is the only thing that stays the same.

However, although this is a reasonable concern, this is the nature of
design, hence why most design studios are open spaces and house infinite
meetings (:

This work in itself will require lots of discussion, as it is very
philosophical and often fractal, diverging and converging at times out
of and into confluent pathways of potential.

> Yesterday at the Tor UX meeting several people showed
> interest in working on this during the Tor meeting in
> Valencia

That is why this is again relevant.

> What does this mean in practice? Plans of action with
> them?

That is up to you all, which is why I was writing in private, so as to
curate to any existing or expected efforts on your end, i.e., to not
step on any toes.

If Tails currently has no plans for moving from now to then, we can
think through that and create one, maybe a blueprint to manage the
entirety of people profiles is appropriate.

The best experience is having everyone interested working together but
it is up to you all on how to manage that, given the other work with
greater urgency.

> Do you have written notes of this insight?

Yes but where should this live?

The insight is mainly that pieces are missing or undervaluable and can
be completed and increased in value.

Also that Tails is a one-of-a-kind experience that requires a unique
approach to understanding its community use.

ps. I copied tchou but got a bounce; hope tchou reads this (:

Wordlife,
Spencer