Re: [Tails-ux] User Profiles

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] User Profiles
Spencer:
>> sajolida:
>> endless discussions
>
> This is a common perception that persists. Half the work is thinking,
> all of it needs communicated, and there are no solutions, only
> re-solutions, as change is the only thing that stays the same.
>
> However, although this is a reasonable concern, this is the nature of
> design, hence why most design studios are open spaces and house infinite
> meetings (:
>
> This work in itself will require lots of discussion, as it is very
> philosophical and often fractal, diverging and converging at times out
> of and into confluent pathways of potential.

I think the concerns here were more about the communication medium
(email lists) than the need for communication itself. We would work
faster and probably better with more direct and visual means, but I've
got no perfect solution so far.

>> What does this mean in practice? Plans of action with them?
>
> That is up to you all, which is why I was writing in private, so as to
> curate to any existing or expected efforts on your end, i.e., to not
> step on any toes.
>
> If Tails currently has no plans for moving from now to then, we can
> think through that and create one, maybe a blueprint to manage the
> entirety of people profiles is appropriate.
>
> The best experience is having everyone interested working together but
> it is up to you all on how to manage that, given the other work with
> greater urgency.

Now we have a blueprint:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/personas/

And a ticket:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11162

I sure you'll make good use of them :)

>> Do you have written notes of this insight?
>
> Yes but where should this live?
>
> The insight is mainly that pieces are missing or undervaluable and can
> be completed and increased in value.
>
> Also that Tails is a one-of-a-kind experience that requires a unique
> approach to understanding its community use.

I also wonder whether it's a good idea to reuse personas across
different project (like Tor Browser and Tails for example). I hope
people in Valencia will have more clue about this.

> ps. I copied tchou but got a bounce; hope tchou reads this (:

Yeah, his mailbox is full. If anyone have other means of contacting with
him, please tell him.