[Tails-project] Logan CIJ Symposium

Author: mercedes508
To: tails-project
Subject: [Tails-project] Logan CIJ Symposium
Hi,

>> But still, I'm OK to tell anyone what's needed for Mac testing.

> Is it possible to get this information written down in an email
> eventually? :))

Of course, sorry for the late reply:

** Determine a precise Mac model **

    * If OSX is on:

Follow those instructions:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/02/15/find-mac-model-identifier-number/

We need both the Model Identifier (e.g. MacBookAir6,2, MacBookPro9,2)
and the CPU specs (e.g. i5 1,9GHz) in order to identify a unique model.

    * if Tails is on:

Open WhisperBack, you'll get the Model Identifer at the begining of the
technical details and the CPU info by grepping/searching for 'GHz' for
example.

** Tests **

What we are interested in are anwsers to those questions:

1. What is the precise model of your Mac? If possible send us a bug
report using WhisperBack so we'll have all the needed info.
2. Which version of Tails worked on your Mac?
3. From which media?
4. How did you install it?
5. Does your Wi-Fi card work at all?
6. Does your Wi-Fi card work when its MAC address is spoofed?
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/startup_options/mac_spoofing/
7. Do you have any issue with your graphic card (display issues)?
8. comments?

So we already answered question 1.

In order to answer question 2. you have to simply follow "how to boot
Tails on Mac" guidelines from Tails website. Which is pressing and
holding the Option/alt key right after triggering the power button.

Question 3, 4, 5, 6 are pretty obvious I guess?

Question 7 mainly refers to Retina hardware, which is pretty well
handled since Tails 2.0, event though display in incedibly small before
Greeter.

Question 8 refers to freedom of speech :)

Cheers.