[Tails-ux] User Profiles

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] User Profiles
Hi,

I sent this in private and figured it was now relevant to make public.

> sajolida:
> I would really like to have some personas made public for the project.

This is good; me too.

> think [tchou's] are great,

Yep.

> and so are the ones by Gus [1].

These seem limited intentionally for privacy. They are a great
reference, though, for building our own that are more indicative of the
Tails community, as they do have some of the right parts.

We should do our own user research and build our own personas, for many
reasons, but the most notable is to have our research be reflective of
our unique challenges.

A persona, one part of a user profile, is a tool for assisting with
thought experiments, most notably, the creation of user scenarios and
the resulting flows. I recommend that we use them to create and
understand the use cases and their potential occurrences, since that
data isn't readily available to us.

In theory, we would create as many personas as needed to cover the
community. However, since we don't have this data either, forking what
is available from other communities/projects, merging that with the work
tchou has done, and continuing to refine the resulting content as we
move forward is a good approach for us since it provides both short and
long-term resolutions.

> I'd like to put tchou's document in a Redmine ticket
> for future work on this. Would this be fine?

I reviewed what tchou created with a UXpert, who provided some
interesting insight, and would like to work with
you, and everyone interested, on busting these out.

Wordlife,
Spencer

[1]:
https://medium.com/@gusandrews/user-personas-for-privacy-and-security-a8b35ae5a63b#.72ltrrc7f