[Tails-dev] Any plans for an emergency release & alt spin qu…

Author: Anonymous
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Any plans for an emergency release & alt spin question
A lot of updates to components of Tails are occurring.

Should I download 2.0 now or wait for another release
prior to the next stable version? Remember the last two
versions released and the distance in time between them?

The size of the ISO is very large for some of us and
I would rather know now whether 2.0 will exist
as the go-to current version for the next month or two.

& I would join any official Tails team working
on an alternative, smaller ISO perhaps with Openbox and
no large DM, video/audio tools, office suite, and so on,
[but we know that won't happen].

However, when "just the basics" are considered this could
result in a much smaller sized ISO.