Re: [Tails-dev] #10972 Port tails to arm platforms

Author: Tails
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] #10972 Port tails to arm platforms
Hi Jurre,

thanks!

> Should I assume you're subscribed to the mailinglist? If so, please tell
> me and I can remove you from the CC.

Yes, I'm on the mailinglist, please remove me from CC

> Humm, seems python3 on armhf is indeed
> 3.4(https://packages.debian.org/jessie/armhf/python3/download), maybe
> we've run into a bug. What does which `python` says?

`which python` --version points to a version 2.7.9 (!!!), but python3
and python3.4 packages are installed also in the build chroot.
But, it seems, that this is not a package problem, it seems that the
dbus_bindings might not haven been build during the package build.
Yes, booring job but I'll investigate ... package for package.

>> > But isn't there a tails test repro, where I can upload arm packages to test?
> Not quite at the moment, however, you should be able to run the test
> suite yourself. See the following link and subpages:
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/test/

Ok, as far as I see ... no continuous development and integration :D

>> > BUT isn't there anybody who has a more pwoerfull test environment?
> I could provide you with a Debian VM if you want!

Thanks & good to know, could be a way if I don't find a suitable "place"
... anyhow if possible I would prefer an environment I can access
physically. It's not built/made up over night.

Good idea, should be possible to set up a qemu arm VM running a Debain arm!

--
Best Regards!
n9iu7pk

PGP pool.sks-keyservers.net 0x4D12FFCB
7426 4598 B5AD 4D12 1699 C710 D602 E331 4D12 FFCB