Re: [Tails-dev] #10972 Port tails to arm platforms

Author: Jurre van Bergen
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] #10972 Port tails to arm platforms
Hi,

Should I assume you're subscribed to the mailinglist? If so, please tell
me and I can remove you from the CC.

On 01/31/2016 01:57 PM, Tails wrote:
> Hi Dr_Whax
>
>> Hey, if you have any issues with the development environment, feel
>> free to send an e-mail to the tails-dev list :)
>> THANKS! Off course, I have a lot of, just take look into attached
>> statePackages.txt and search for "FAILED.deb" extended with comments.
>> Some examples:
>> - ./d/dbus-python/ seems to be a deprecated state (python3 seems to be
>> no more available for jessie armhf; has to be changed to python 3.4)

Humm, seems python3 on armhf is indeed
3.4(https://packages.debian.org/jessie/armhf/python3/download), maybe
we've run into a bug. What does which `python` says?

>> - ./g/grub2/ segment fault sig 11 in debconf-updatepo, no idea for the
>> moment
>> - ./h/haskell-cmdargs/ seems to fail due to a strange make rule
>> - ./h/haskell-hledger/ found no jessie armhf shakespeare-text package.
>> Seems that must be ported too or any replacement ..
>> - ./h/haveged/ I'm not sure if I found a solution, needs more deeper
>> investigation
>> - ./i/i2p/ "Unsupported build environment. jcpuid is only used on x86
>> systems." and known "debconf-updatepo -> qemu Illegal instruction (4)
>> und Segmentation fault (11)"
>> - ... a lot of more issues.

Good job so far!

I think it would be good to see if some of these require any changes on
Tails' side and we should fill individual bugs accordingly for it to
track progress. Boring but important work! :)

>> Is there a repo where we could follow the amazing progress you're doing on this?
> For the moment only risup issue #10972 ... :(
> For the moment I'm doing any tests on a rpi 2 ... :(
>
> But isn't there a tails test repro, where I can upload arm packages to test?

Not quite at the moment, however, you should be able to run the test
suite yourself. See the following link and subpages:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/test/

> BUT isn't there anybody who has a more pwoerfull test environment?

I could provide you with a Debian VM if you want!

Best,
Jurre