Re: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails 2.0~beta1

Author: spriver
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails 2.0~beta1
Hi,

Am 2016-01-06 13:15, schrieb intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> spriver wrote (05 Jan 2016 14:16:24 GMT) :
>> while working on the updates for the doc regarding to Jessie I
>> stumbled upon
>> following issues/problems:
>> -missing feature: GNOME Disks lacks a feature for selecting a
>> partition size while
>> formatting drives. This results in created encrypted partition being
>> as big as the
>> whole drive
>
> I can't reproduce this. The "Create Partition" dialog has a "Partition
> Size" widget here. Maybe you're looking at the "Format" in the menu
> that applies to the entire drive (as opposed to the menus that apply
> to partitions / filesystems)?
>
> Cheers!

You're absolutely right. I was using the "Format" menu.

Another issue (I don't know if this is really a bug or if this belongs
to GNOME itself):
After creating an encrypted partition it does not appear in the "Places"
menu. It has to be accessed first via the file browser, then it's also
accessible via the "Places" menu. The same applies for the case if an
USB stick with en encrypted partition is plugged in (also if the
passphrase is being remembered by GNOME) (so maybe this is intended by
GNOME, but I just wanted to doulbe-check ;) )

Also GNOME Disks crashes sometimes (I'm trying to reproduce that) if an
encrypted partition is deleted and right after that a new partition is
created. It just disappears, the file system of the media is "Unknown"
after restarting Disks.

While deleting a partition (independent from filesystem type) Disks
crashes with following error : "Error wiping newly created partition
/dev/sdb1: Command-line`wipefs -a "/dev/sdb1"´exited with non-zero exit
status 1: wipefs: error: /dev/sdb1: probing initialization failed: No
such file or directory (udisks-error-quark, 0)"

Nevertheless, filesystem is created anyway in most cases if this error
appears. I don't know if that's a problem regarding to my USB stick or
something else.

Cheers!

spriver