Re: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails 2.0~beta1

Author: intrigeri
To: spriver
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails 2.0~beta1
Hi,

spriver wrote (05 Jan 2016 14:16:24 GMT) :
> while working on the updates for the doc regarding to Jessie I stumbled upon
> following issues/problems:

Thanks!

> -the bar for indicating the password strength does not work (while creating an
> encrypted volume or chaning a password)

Confirmed. It uses libpwquality, that we have installed. It works just
fine on a non-Tails sid system I have here. I've looked at the
upstream and Debian changelogs since Jessie's version and could not
spot a fix. It would be awesome if you could try and reproduce the bug
on a non-Tails, Jessie + GNOME system :)

(I'm not going to track this in our Redmine as this looks like a bug
that should be reproduced, reported and fixed in Debian; and given we
didn't have this feature on Wheezy, the regression on our side
is minimal.)

> -missing feature: GNOME Disks lacks a feature for selecting a partition size while
> formatting drives. This results in created encrypted partition being as big as the
> whole drive

I can't reproduce this. The "Create Partition" dialog has a "Partition
Size" widget here. Maybe you're looking at the "Format" in the menu
that applies to the entire drive (as opposed to the menus that apply
to partitions / filesystems)?