Re: [Tails-dev] I would love Tails but...

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] I would love Tails but...
Hi,

Donncha O'Cearbhaill wrote (01 Dec 2015 18:06:01 GMT) :
> You can boot Tails fully into RAM which allows your to remove the USB
> stick. Press tab at boot to get into the boot options, the provide
> 'toram' as an option.

Note that this is not supported: we don't test it, and don't even try
to guarantee it works as a genuine Tails. It's unlikely, but some
important feature of Tails could be broken by using `toram', without
us noticing for months or years.

Of, course power users should feel free to take the risk if they feel
like it. But let's please keep all needed warnings attached when
advertising this "maybe shoot yourself in the foot" option to
a broader audience :)