Re: [Tails-dev] I would love Tails but...

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] I would love Tails but...
Hi,

Austin English wrote (01 Dec 2015 23:17:09 GMT) :
> That's not how persistence works (it uses encrypted storage on the
> Tails device).

As far as what we actively support (as in: document, test, try to keep
in good shape, and deal with user support request), and what our GUI
allows: this is totally correct.

Technically, however, the thing is a tiny bit more flexible: IIRC any
removable storage device with a GPT partition labeled "TailsData" that
contains a LUKS volume is a valid persistence partition that can be
unlocked in the Greeter. This can be useful e.g. for #5561.