Re: [Tails-dev] I would love Tails but...

Author: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
To: Donncha O'Cearbhaill, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] I would love Tails but...
On Tue 2015-12-01 20:06:01 +0200, Donncha O'Cearbhaill wrote:

> You can boot Tails fully into RAM which allows your to remove the USB
> stick. Press tab at boot to get into the boot options, the provide
> 'toram' as an option.

cool, thanks for the tip.

How much RAM is required on the host system to do this successfully?

Can this be combined with a persistence volume?

If this is done, and you need to shut the machine down in an hurry, is
there any approach similar to yanking out the USB stick that will
trigger a shutdown and memory scrub reliably?

        --dkg