Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter
Hi,

first, thanks a lot!

I suggest someone points to the exact prototype that was tested (IIRC
the link to the Git repo was posted here already, but to know what
exact UI the test results apply to, one also needs a commit ID or
something).

sajolida wrote (25 Nov 2015 11:52:21 GMT) :
> [1]: Virtual keyboard (bonus).

> Nobody was blocked by the default keyboard not being their usual one but
> many did typos. I wonder how would this be for people using non-Latin
> scripts.

In passing, I wonder how the UX looks like after a non-Latin keyboard
layout, that requires a specific input method, has been *successfully*
selected (IBus support in the new Greeter?).

> [19]: "Start Tails" = "Unlock"

> Many people were not clicking "Unlock" before clicking "Start Tails"
> when activating the persistent storage. We should make "Start Tails"
> perform the same action as "Unlock" before starting the session.

Yes, please :)

Also, there's a lot of good input (that I'm not quoting) wrt.
timezone handling. Do you have plans to add it to the relevant
blueprint, or should I?