Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter

Author: Lunar
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter
sajolida:
> [10]: Map for time zones (bonus)
>
> Amongst the few people who configured the time zone, most of them
> searched by country name (France) instead of by city name (Paris) or
> time zone name (Eastern Europe). Adding a map would make this easier.
> That's not a blocker since we don't have the backend to handle custom
> time zones anyway.

A lower hanging fruit to help with this, which I think I've seen in
GNOME 2, is to split the selection with two dropdown: Region (Europe,
America, etc.) and then City.

This could also be a solution for language selection.

> [19]: "Start Tails" = "Unlock"
>
> Many people were not clicking "Unlock" before clicking "Start Tails"
> when activating the persistent storage. We should make "Start Tails"
> perform the same action as "Unlock" before starting the session.

That means that if the passphrase is wrong, we should maybe shake the
box, display an error and focus on the passphrase entry.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@???>