Re: [Tails-dev] Option to disable mouse clicks with touchpad…

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Option to disable mouse clicks with touchpad in Tails Greeter
Hi,

Michael English:
> My biggest complaint with Tails right now is that mouse clicks with
> touchpad are enabled by default and there is no easy way to turn it off
> before starting the OS. In Debian, mouse clicks with touchpad are
> disabled by default which I think is the better option to avoid
> accidental mouse clicks. Especially for a secure environment,
> accidentally clicking on something can have severe consequences. For
> example, my touchpad on my laptop is very sensitive and I have
> accidentally clicked into the wrong field when entering a password.
> Tails Greeter should at least have an option to disable mouse clicks
> with touchpad before logging in.

Mouse clicks with the touchpad are not disabled in Debian by default afaik.

I am in favour of having mouseclicks with the touchpad enabled as the
contrary seems even more confusing. I've seen in one user testing
session when this was not yet the case that people were completely
unable to understand why they could not click as they normally do.

There is always one or the other person who has problems with either one
of the solutions I fear.

Cheers!
u.