Re: [Tails-project] Discuss if Tails should sign the Ubuntu …

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Discuss if Tails should sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
Hi,

Muri Nicanor wrote (28 Oct 2015 18:12:33 GMT) :
> but doesn't a package get into ubuntu automatically, if its
> in debian?

It does by default, and Tails Installer will be in Debian sid soon.

But we can't reasonably sneak Tails Installer into a stable Debian or
Ubuntu release (the delays to get updates in there are not fit for our
dev/release cycle) ⇒ it'll be backports on the Debian stable side, and
PPA on the Ubuntu one.

Which makes me think: U, we probably need to do "something" to avoid
Ubuntu sync'ing it from Debian into 16.04 and further. I seem to
remember they have some mechanism to do that. Please file a ticket
with suitable parent + blocking relationships so this is
not forgotten.