[Tails-ux] Language Popovers

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Language Popovers
Hello,

> Alan:
> Looks mostly great to me.

Awesome!

> I think it's more logical to sort the language by their name localized
> in the language in question itself, so that someone that doesn't know
> the name of their language in English can find it.

We might be in agreement here. But just to clarify.
Localized (English) ex: French
Native/Cultural ex: Français

Yeah?

> I think that the 1st item should stay the same for the same reason as
> above: the if I choose a language I don't know by mistake I can still
> find mine.

Word. So, when a language preference is selected, the list order will:

Do nothing: 'Cultural(Localized)' stays 'Cultural(Localized)' though the
localized language updates to the selection.

For example, when changing the language to Español:

Français(French) > Français(Francés)

> We could only update the localized name, which would always come 2nd?

This is ideal. Does this work?

> I'm not sure that dropping dialects like that works. In current Tails
> we support all dialects.

The lists in the examples are mostly for communicating the functional
intention; various English options wouldn't be that effective in this
context.

I do think that some further refining of the list would be valuable;
grouping by Language Type and/or Dialects would be cool. But not doing
so is also fine :)

Wordlife,
Spencer