Re: [Tails-ux] User testing of the installation assistant, …

Author: Giorgio Maone
To: sajolida, Tails user experience & user interface design, u
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] User testing of the installation assistant, ISO verification extension, and Tails Installer in Debian
> ISO verification extension
> ==========================
>
> Regarding the browser extension, on top of the working code, do you
> think we could have the extension available in the Mozilla store
> already?
> Of course people won't be able to use it until we release the
> corresponding web page, but during our tests it will be important to be
> able to test the full procedure, so including the installation process.

Yes, I'm an AMO editor myself and, based on my first hand knowledge of
the review process and my experience, I'm confident that by keeping the
code as obvious and simple to review as possible and by explaining why
it needs an expedite review, I can have it approved within 24 hours from
its submission.

The only issue might be allowing a Mozilla editor to run through the
procedure in order to verify the add-on's stated purpose and that it
actually works as advertised.
Is this something that can be worked out (e.g. by giving him/her access
to your staging server or whatever you use for testing)?

-- G

--
Giorgio Maone
https://maone.net