[Tails-ux] User testing of the installation assistant, ISO …

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design, Giorgio Maone, u
Subject: [Tails-ux] User testing of the installation assistant, ISO verification extension, and Tails Installer in Debian
Hi,

Putting u and Giorgio in explicit copy and this has implications on
their work.

Together with tchou we will conduct user testing of the full
installation assistant [1] on November 20 to November 22 [#8589].

By "full" we mean that we will test all major scenarios in real
conditions with all the tools and website as we expect to release them
by the end of 2015. In December we will then focus on fixing issues
identified through these tests (hopefully all minor issues).

This implies deadlines for people working on Tails Installer in Debian
and on the ISO verification extension.

Also take into account that we'll have to test these tools ourselves and
integrate them in our web pages before these tests, so it would be good
to be able to validate your work in almost real conditions before
November 15.

Also note that until then we will be working on writing the detailed
instructions for all these scenarios so every small achievement that we
can test will be helpful in our writing. So keep us updated regularly.

ISO verification extension
==========================

Regarding the browser extension, on top of the working code, do you
think we could have the extension available in the Mozilla store
already? Of course people won't be able to use it until we release the
corresponding web page, but during our tests it will be important to be
able to test the full procedure, so including the installation process.

Tails Installer in Debian

Regarding Tails Installer it should be uploaded and accepted in Debian
and available in Ubuntu by then. At least in Debian sid, ideally in
Debian backports as that will be the preferred way for users of Debian
stable. In Ubuntu, well through PPA working on the latest LTS and non-LTS.

Does this seem realistic?