Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor

Author: Clement Hermann
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor
Le 19/08/2015 23:42, Sascha Steinbiss a écrit :
> Hi everyone,

Hi Sascha, welcome !

> Long story short, there’s a first version of a tor-monitor package in:
> https://github.com/satta/tor-monitor
>
> It’s quite Debian-style (just build with git-buildpackage) — I am not sure
> whether you do things much differently in Tails. I can file an ITP if you
> want it in Debian as well. Looking forward to hear what you think.

Great !

I just I a look at it, and I was wondering : the pot file gets generated
at build time, so it would'nt be reproducible without some patches to
the build system (change date of potfile generation for the last
changelog entry's, or maybe change the upstream work to generate it
along with the tarball, and bypass this at debian build time).

Maybe we should do something like OpenPGP Applet : create a full
upstream project on alioth to hosts tarball, upstream changelog etc, and
then use this as a basis for debian package (with a separate repository
for debian packaging like suggested before) ?

Clément (nodens)