Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor

Author: Sascha Steinbiss
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor
Hi all,

>> It’s quite Debian-style (just build with git-buildpackage) — I am not sure
>> whether you do things much differently in Tails. I can file an ITP if you
>> want it in Debian as well. Looking forward to hear what you think.
>
> In general, we tend to want to use Debian packages and maintain them in
> Debian, rather than having them only in Tails.
>
> So, yes, please file an ITP bug :)

OK, will do.

> What about hosting the packaging in collab-maint?

I would be in favour of that as well. However, I only have an Alioth guest account and someone needs to manually add me to the collab-maint project (Debian Med have their own Alioth project). I have requested to join a few weeks ago but received no reply. I can repeat my request directly to one of the admins — could you probably recommend someone?

Cheers,
Sascha