Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor

Author: Sascha Steinbiss
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] Tor Monitor build fails
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor
Hi everyone,

> I would co-maintain this with nodens and if anyone on the list is
> interested.. i can do some handholding.

I have been lurking on this ML for a while so I might just break my
silence right now.
I have done some Debian packaging in the Debian Med team, for now mainly
working on bioinformatics software [1] but I would like to broaden my focus
a bit. As I've always been interested in privacy enhancing technologies
as well, I would like to help out with some additional packaging work if I
have the time and given some priority advice (haven't looked at the bugs in
pkg-anonymity-tools in detail yet).

I'm a DM so you hopefully won't need to sponsor every single update after awhile ;)

Long story short, there’s a first version of a tor-monitor package in:
https://github.com/satta/tor-monitor

It’s quite Debian-style (just build with git-buildpackage) — I am not sure
whether you do things much differently in Tails. I can file an ITP if you
want it in Debian as well. Looking forward to hear what you think.

Cheers
Sascha