Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: installati…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: installation media
All-right folks, I'm not quoting anything here in an intent of closing
this debate for real. Please be very careful if you ever want to open it
again :)

Here is what we decided:

  - Say "USB stick" only and everywhere. Don't advertise SD cards as
    much because they are not working well right now.
  - Say "USB stick" when not installed and "Tails USB stick" when
    installed.
  - What do we do with SD cards then?
    - Stop saying "USB stick and SD card" and only say "USB stick"
      everywhere.
    - Mention it as an option in the Installation Assistant, in the
      requirements, and the list of known issues.
  - Say "Tails system" when it's running.
  - Say "Tails device" (either USB stick, SD card, or DVD).
  - Improve Tails Installer to get rid of some of those issues...
  - Reevaluate those decisions in two years (better tablet and BIOS
    support).

I'm now do a bit of Redmine to put all this into application but I want
to send this message first to be able to link to it.