Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: installati…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: installation media
intrigeri:

> Note that this suggestion was an attempt at simplifying the problem
> (and corresponding discussion). If, in the end, I made it more
> complicated, feel free to forget this idea.

To me this feels like the first question we need to answer and agree
upon (before going into more terminology details):

Do we want to advertise SD cards as much as we advertise USB sticks, or
do we want to treat them as a corner case?

Based on this decision:

- If SD cards are corner cases, then we can talk always about "USB
sticks" as we have been doing so far, and only mention SD cards as an
alternative in some particular places (like in the installation
instructions).
- If SD cards are no corner cases, then we need to find a generic term
we have been trying to do for a while but that's apparently more
tricky.

Until that's clarified, I'll refrain myself from commenting on the
possible generic terms.

--
sajolida