[Tails-dev] RFC: Allow users to watch CSS protected DVDs usi…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Austin English
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: [Tails-dev] RFC: Allow users to watch CSS protected DVDs using libdvdcss
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <redmine@???>
Date: Jul 16, 2015 4:27 AM
Subject: [Tails - Feature #7674] Allow users to watch CSS protected DVDs

> Issue #7674 has been updated by intrigeri.
>

> > There is source available from videolan.org to compile it yourself:

[...]

Debian source package) on https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdcss.html
.

> > would it be acceptable to build/package it within tails?
>
> It might be acceptable to build our own binary package from the

aforementioned source package, and ship it in Tails. Perhaps start a
discussion on tails-dev@ about it before putting too much time into it?

> Feature #7674: Allow users to watch CSS protected DVDs
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7674#change-41329
>
> * Author: cypherpunks

> To watch a DVD on Tails, one must either have the luck of using only

unencrypted DVDs or they must have the luck of knowing how to install the
following packages: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html

> I'd like to see @libdvdcss@ ship with Tails.
>
> Users currently download random .deb files and install them on Tails to

watch DVDs. This is dangerous.

I'm interested in working on this issue (after finishing work on some
others..), but would like to seek comments before investing time in this.

Any comments or concerns about building a .deb from upstream source +
packaging / shipping libdvdcss?

Thanks in advance.